Our holiday cottage ‘The Shetlands’ is situated on an idyllic family run stable yard in rural West Ashling, Chichester, West Sussex. Set in a peaceful spot situated close to Goodwood, the South Downs and the coast.
The property is modern yet practical and is of great appeal to a wide range of guests, is fully furnished, has wheelchair access, and is fitted with all appliances for your self-catering holiday.
• Open plan lounge/dining room with WiFi, TV with free view channels and DVD player
• Kitchen area off the open plan lounge/diner has an electric oven and hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, toaster, kettle, cafetiere, crockery and cutlery
• 1 bedroom with King size bed, wardrobes, bedside cabinets
• 1 twin bedroom (which can be made up as a double if required as beds zip together), wardrobe and bedside cabinets
• 1 wet room style shower room
• Underfloor heating throughout (oil fired heating not gas)
• Patio area at the front of the property with table and chairs
• Communal BBQ area with seating and firepit
• Secure parking with electric gates and charging point
Our good quality mattresses will ensure a restful nights sleep and we offer complimentary tea, coffee, sugar and milk and toiletries for your arrival.
We supply duvets, pillows, bed linen, towels and tea towels for your stay.
Should you wish to bring your dog there is an additional charge of £10 per stay which is payable on arrival.
The surrounding area offers a multitude of leisure and entertainment facilities, including:
• A host of local eateries from country pubs to fish restaurants
• Goodwood Estate, host to prestigious events at Goodwood House, Goodwood Racecourse, Goodwood Motor Circuit, Goodwood Aerodrome, Goodwood Golf Course and of course The Kennels
• The Cathedral city of Chichester, home to Chichester Festivities, Chichester Festival Theatre, Chichester Gate (cinema and health centre), shops, bars and restaurants
• Chichester Harbour yacht club and sailing facilities
• Cowdray Estate – home to the Veuve Clicquot Gold Cup
• Stansted House, tea rooms and garden centre
• Coastal villages including Bosham, Dell Quay, West Wittering and Hayling Island.
A car is required for guests staying with us.
Other things to note
There are horses in the surrounding paddocks and stables.
As this is a working stable yard, children must be accompanied by a parent and the yard manager if wishing to visit the horses.
Children under the age of 12 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times outside the cottage.
We ask that you bring your own cot and linen if wishing to bring a infant.
We have a friendly yard cat called Bicbic who may wish to come to say hello!