This brand new duplex apartment ‘Barn End’ is situated on an idyllic family run stable yard in rural West Ashling, Chichester, West Sussex. Set in a peaceful spot situated close to Goodwood, the South Downs and the coast.
This modern barn conversion offers lovely views over the horse arena and neighbouring fields and is of great appeal to a wide range of guests. It is fully furnished and fitted with all appliances for your self-catering holiday.
We also have two neighbouring cottages, namely CHI001 ‘The Shetlands’ sleeping 4 and CHI002 ‘The Shires’ sleeping 4 for larger families wishing to holiday together.
• Open plan lounge/dining room with WiFi, 44″ Smart TV (Netflix and Amazon Prime enabled for existing account holders) and a sofabed
• Kitchen area off the open plan lounge/diner has an electric oven and hob, fridge freezer, dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave, toaster, kettle, cafetiere, crockery and cutlery
• Stairs from the lounge lead to the mezzanine bedroom area with king size bed, wardrobe, chest of draws, dressing table, bedside cabinets, floor standing fan and full en-suite bathroom
• Downstairs WC
• Underfloor heating throughout (oil fired heating not gas)
• Patio area at the front of the property with table and chairs
• Communal BBQ area with seating and firepit
• Secure parking with electric gates and charging point
Our good quality mattresses will ensure a restful nights sleep and we offer complimentary tea, coffee, sugar and milk and toiletries for your arrival. We supply duvets, pillows, bed linen, towels and tea towels for your stay.
The surrounding area offers a multitude of leisure and entertainment facilities, including:
• A host of local eateries from country pubs to fish restaurants
• Goodwood Estate, host to prestigious events at Goodwood House, Goodwood Racecourse, Goodwood Motor Circuit, Goodwood Aerodrome, Goodwood Golf Course and of course The Kennels
• The Cathedral city of Chichester, home to Chichester Festivities, Chichester Festival Theatre, Chichester Gate (cinema and health centre), shops, bars and restaurants
• Chichester Harbour yacht club and sailing facilities
• Cowdray Estate – home to the Veuve Clicquot Gold Cup
• Stansted House, tea rooms and garden centre
• Coastal villages including Bosham, Dell Quay, West Wittering and Hayling Island.
A car is required for guests staying with us although there is a pub restaurant within walking distance.
Other things to note
There are horses in the surrounding paddocks and stables.
As this is a working stable yard, children must be accompanied by a parent and the yard manager if wishing to visit the horses.
Children under the age of 12 years must be accompanied by an adult at all times outside the property.
We ask that you bring your own cot and linen if wishing to bring a infant.
We have a friendly yard cat called Bicbic who may wish to come to say hello!
We can accept one small dog for an additional charge of £20 per stay.
The sofabed is available for 1 further adult/child for an additional charge of £50 per night which includes linen and towels.
A 30% uplift on the stated price will be applied for the 11 to 14 April 2024.
A 50% uplift on the stated prices will be applied for the following dates with a minimum 5 night stay:
23 December 2023 to 1 January 2024 – 10 to 15 July 2024 – 3 to 8 September 2024